Page Contents Shortcut
- 1 What are the major components of any projector?
- 2 Parts Outside the Projectors.
- 3 Parts inside the Projectors.
- 4 Conclusion.
- 5 Reference.
Without any proper internal and external parts, any kind of machine can’t work properly. The same rule applies to the projectors. There are variously internal and external parts of any projector.
All parts work properly simultaneously. So the projector can projector image. And these parts also help you to adjust the contrast ratio, image quality, and brightness, etc.
All the projectors have different parts setup. Different for the low-end and high-end projector. Here in this article, I will tell you about the projector’s major components and their functions.
Which is normally found similar in all projectors.
Low-end projectors don’t have complicated parts. High-end projectors have various parts. Because the technology used in both projectors is different.
INTRO END HERE.
What are the major components of any projector?
- Arrow buttons
- Enter button
- Menu button
- AV Mute button
- Input Search Button
- Power Button
- Exhaust vents
- IR sensor for remote
- Focus Lever
- Adjustable Feet
- Power AC socket
- Security slot
- HDMI port
- LAN port
- USB port
- Video In port
- VGA port
- Audio Output port
- Intake vents
- Focus Lens
- Cooling Fan
- Light source
- Power Circuit
- Button Circuit
- Wheel and Panels
- Prizm and DLP chip
- Polarizer Lens
- Keystone Mirror
Parts Outside the Projectors.
- Arrow buttons: Arrow buttons are used for the movement between the different menu settings.
- Enter button: Enter button used to select any settings. It could be related to image, contrast, and brightness, etc.
- Menu button: In case you lost your remote or you don’t use the remote to change the settings. In both situations, you can use the menu button to get the interface of the menu. And navigate between the different menu options.
- AV Mute button: To blank the screen and mute audio for a while.
- Input Search Button: The input search button helps you to choose the input port. In which one you want to receive a video signal. There could be various input ports according to your projector model. HDMI, VGA, and Screen Mirroring.
- Power Button: The power button is used to power up the projector.
Rear and Right-Side View
- Exhaust vents: All projectors have cooling fans. Which throws out the hot air. And this air comes out from the exhaust vents.
- IR sensor for remote: To receive the signal from the remote.
- Focus Lever: The focus lever is used to adjust the focus of the projection on the surface. You adjust the focus by using the focus lever.
- Speaker: Moving pictures without the sound makes no sense. That’s why there are speakers available on every projector, to pump out the audio from the video signal.
- Adjustable Feet: Adjustable feet use the adjust the height of the projector. From the ground.
Front and Left-Side View
- Power AC socket: This socket is used to connect the power cable with the projector.
- Security slot: It can also be called a safe slot. Which prevents your projector from theft.
- HDMI port: To input the video signal from the HDMI output port of the video source.
- LAN port: Use for the wired network/internet connection. Also called ethernet port.
- USB port: To plug the device like a pen drive. Which have USB male.
- Video In port: This port is used to get the video signal from the video player. This port is always used to plug the RCA cable.
- VGA port: To get the only video signal from the laptop/pc. Which have a VGA output port.
- Audio Output port: Use to connect with the external speakers and headphones.
- Intake vents: Intake vents are like the window in our rooms. The purpose is to circulate the outside air to the inside or outside. The same work Intake vents do. The intake vent let go air outside and inside the projector.
Parts inside the Projectors.
To adjust the focus of the image. It could be automatic or manual. Depend on your projector. The high-end projector has also an auto iris. Which decides how much light goes outside the projector.
Every projector has a bright light source. That means they use lots of power. And other parts of the projector also work continuously. When projecting the image. The reason why projector components become heat. Cooling fans cool down these components. So they don’t burn or suddenly turn the projector off. Access heat harms the projector.
The motherboard is a circuit available inside. In which all the input and output ports are connected from the inside and other wires.
Light source use is to project the light on the surface. In the form of an image. In the LED projector you will get the LED light source. While the laser projector. Has a laser light source is available.
The power circuit is connected to the power cable from the outside of the projector. The power circuit is to circulate the power all around the projector.
The buttons you saw on the top of the projector. Those buttons will not be responsive without this part. It makes the button responsive so you can change the projector’s settings.
Speakers could be seen from both sides of the projector’s inside and outside. But the function is the same to produce the sound. But its loudness depends on the power of your speakers. Which measure in watt.
Wheel and Panels
In the LCD projector, LCD panels are available. In low-end projectors, it will be one and in the high-end projector. It will be three. And its purpose is to pass the projected light from the light source. So we can get the image.
And in the LDP projector, there will be a color wheel. Which could be RGB and RGBRGB or in other patterns. To pass the light projected from the light source.
Prizm and DLP chip
In the LCD projector Prizm is part where all three primary colors meet last time. Prizm’s purpose is to mix all primary colors in an LCD projector.
And in the DLP chip available. In which micromirrors are available. Which constantly move and the light passes through the DLP chip. The more micromirrors move the more resolution picture we get.
The polarizer lens goal is to pretend that image is projected from the two different projectors for two different eyes. That’s why polarizer lenses bend the light to 45 degrees.
A Keystone mirror is used to adjust the angle of the projected screen over the projection surface. There is a certain angle to adjust the angle of the screen.
So all these are the major parts of the and their function. Which helps every projector to project the image on the screen. And make them fully functional and useful in our daily life. If you get the different parts’ names online anywhere, it could be a little bit different.
Because all projector manufacturer company is different. And they have the technology to manufacturer.