Page Contents Shortcut
- 1 The best way to connect Wii to the projector?
- 2 The Worst or Good Way you should try or not. You have to choose?
- 3 How to connect Wii to the projector with the AV to HDMI adapter?
- 4 How to connect Wii with the VGA projector with the help of RCA to VGA adapter?
- 5 What if the projector is a ceiling mount?
- 6 Things about you should care.
- 7 Conclusion.
- 8 Refrence
If you are an old-school gamer. You may be familiar with the Nintendo Wii. After a decade, many people still love to play games on Nintendo. That’s why here is a detailed article on how to connect Wii to a projector.
In these years technology has changed so much. So the way we connect the projector has also changed.
In the modern projector, there is no RCA port available in most projectors. The case is different if you have an old projector.
There are two major ports available in the projector: VGA and HDMI. So in this article, we are going to see how you can connect with the projector that has VGA and HDMI. And also what are that equipment. Which helps us to connect the projector. Let’s start with the best one.
The best way to connect Wii to the projector?
For this, you will need the Hyperkin HD Cable for Wii. This is the most simple and easy way to connect the projector and Nintendo.
- Take the Hyperkin HD Cable. This cable has two sides, one is a Nintendo cord. And another one is HDMI. You have to start with the Nintendo side. Plug the Nintendo cord in your Nintendo.
- Now the HDMI side will go in the projector. Select the HDMI port in which you plug the HDMI cable by your remote. If your projector doesn’t search the input cable automatically.
When you first time plugs the Hyperkin HD Cable for Wii with your projector. You may see the line flickering on your projection screen. To solve this you can unplug the cable. And again hook up the cable. This step solves your line flickering issue. Instead.
The Worst or Good Way you should try or not. You have to choose?
Before we connect let’s talk about the connector Wii to HDMI Converter. Here is the connector I am going to use. Have both good and bad impressions with this converter.
It’s good that with the help of this connector. You can easily connect the projector and Nintendo with the help of HDMI.
And give you a little bit better image quality than the composite cable. And also with this converter, you can connect your speakers for sound. Because it has a 3.5 mm audio jack. But the build quality of this connector is very low.
When you connect this connector with your Nintendo. And not unplug the connector carefully. This connector’s outer shell and the inner circuit may come out.
Now you know the good thing about this connector. You have to decide if it’s good or bad for you. If you think it’s helpful for you. Then let’s go on how to connect.
- Take the connector in your hand and start connecting with the Nintendo. Connect your connector with the Nintendo.
- Now you will need the HDMI cable. I am sure you have the HDMI cable that comes with the projector. Yeah, that HDMI cable, which have two head of HDMI. Plug that HDMI cable into the HDMI port of the connector, then connect with the projector. And choose your HDMI port in your projector.
And power up your projector and you are to play the game. Let’s move to the next connection conversion.
How to connect Wii to the projector with the AV to HDMI adapter?
I have already told you the two ways to connect the projector and Nintendo Wii. In which you will need the HDMI port. There is another way in which you will need an AV to HDMI connector/adapter.
This is also a good option if you have an HDMI projector. You have to invest in AV to HDMI connector/Adapter.
- First, we need the Nintendo cord to RCA cable (Yeah that grey cable). Connect the Nintendo cord to the console.
- The second end of the cable or RCA cable (Red, White, Yellow all) goes in the RCA input port of the AV to HDMI adapter.
- Now at another side of the AV to HDMI adapter. HDMI port is available. In this, you have to plug in the HDMI cable. And at last, another end of the HDMI cable goes in the projector. Select the HDMI port in which to put the cable.
- Also, don’t forget to power up the AV to the HDMI adapter. Otherwise, it won’t work.
How to connect Wii with the VGA projector with the help of RCA to VGA adapter?
Don’t worry if you have an OLD VGA projector you can also connect the Nintendo Wii with your projector. Just you have to invest in the RCA to VGA adapter a little bit. Then you can also connect the Nintendo with the projector. So let’s see how you can connect.
- First, connect the Nintendo Wii cord with Nintendo Wii. And then connect the yellow composite yellow cable with the RCA to the VGA adapter (Yellow port).
- Along with the yellow RCA port, there is an output VGA port available in RCA to VGA adapter. In which you have to connect the VGA cable.
- Then other end of VGA cable will plug into the projector VGA port.
So that’s how you can connect the Nintendo Wii with the VGA projector. With the help of RCA to VGA adapter.
What if the projector is a ceiling mount?
If your projector is ceiling mount. You will need a receiver and a long HDMI cable (Depend upon your ceiling height). Here I am suggesting your receiver as the connector. Because you will need the audio output and for that, you will need an audio source.
- Now you have to connect the Wii and receiver. With the help of Wii cord to RCA cable.
- Then you have to connect the receiver to the projector. With the help of an HDMI cable.
- And also now you can take the audio output from the receiver. Now poer up all your device one by one.
It will work like a champ.
Things about you should care.
When you connect the projector and Nintendo Wii. Take care of the sensor bar. That should be placed where your projection screen is created. For a better response. Because if you don’t put the censor bar in front of your screen. You may don’t get a good response with the sensor bar.
The sensor bar should be one meter off the surface. There are two types of sensor bars available in the market. Wired and wireless. It will be a wise decision to go with the wired. Because people complain about the wireless sensor bar battery life is not that good.
No matter where you are going to play the game. In your home or the recess time at your school. There are lots of options available to connect your projector with the Nintendo. So enjoy your Nintendo games.
See you next time…
- Connecting my Wii to a ceiling mounted projector
- The struggle of playing Wii on a projector
- Can I play Wii using a projector?
- How To Connect Nintendo Wii With HDMI | Hyperkin HD Cable for Wii 19 Feb 2021
Many affiliate link available on this post. Know More