Page Contents Shortcut
- 1 Things you should know before you connect speakers to projector.
- 2 How to connect speakers to a projector?
- 3 How to connect speakers to projector wireless?
- 4 How to connect speakers to the projector and laptop?
- 5 How to connect speakers to the projector and DVD player?
- 6 I am connecting a cable box, gaming console, and streaming device with a speaker?
- 7 What to do when your 3.5 mm is low-powered?
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Reference
Without the sound in the home theater setup is useless. It’s like you are taking a sip of tea without sugar. It is tasteless. Same way without the audio seeing the video is meaningless. That’s why in today’s article we are going to learn how to connect speakers to a projector wired and wirelessly.
It will be very easy and interesting. To learn how you can connect the projector with your speakers or stereo.
In this article. I will teach you the best ways to connect the projector and speakers. They will be wired and wireless.
So get into our today tutorial. And learn something new about connecting projectors and speakers.
Things you should know before you connect speakers to projector.
There are some things you should know before. Before you start connecting the projector and speaker.
- Make sure you have turned off your projector speaker. And choose the analog or aux port for the audio output. Or if your audio source is a laptop. Then choose the aux port on your laptop for the audio output. If your speaker needs configuration, you have to also choose the input port.
- And also take care of the speaker. You are using the active speakers. Because passive speakers barely produce any sound. Because they need the amplifier and your projector is not an amplifier.
How to connect speakers to a projector?
Let’s see a simple way to plug in your speaker and projector. If your projector has an RCA/Analog or aux port. Then it will be a piece of cake. Before we start connecting make sure both your speaker and projector are turned off.
3.5mm to RCA
- Take the 3.5mm to RCA cable. And start connecting.
- First of all, you have to plug the RCA cable into the projector RCA port.
- And another end of the cable. AUX head will go in the speaker.
3.5mm Aux Cable
- Take the AUX cable. Which both ends can hook up in the AUX port of the projector and speaker.
- You have to plug one end of the AUX cable into the projector.
- And another end of AUX cable. You have to plug in the speaker.
Now the power up all your devices. And choose the audio output port on your projector. And you are ready to go. If needed.
How to connect speakers to projector wireless?
If you don’t want to mess with the wire. So here are various ways you can connect the projector and speaker wirelessly.
If your projector has Bluetooth.
- Turn on your Bluetooth speaker. And make sure it’s in pairing mode.
- Now turn on your projector. And by using the remote. Go to your projector Bluetooth setting. Available Bluetooth speakers will be showing here.
- Choose your Bluetooth speaker. And get audio from your Bluetooth speaker.
What if your projector doesn’t have natively Bluetooth?
For this, you have to use the iTeknic Bluetooth device. Which comes with the 5.0 Bluetooth technology.
- For the connection in the Bluetooth device, an aux cable is available. Plug that cable in the AUX port of the projector. And make sure your Bluetooth device is in transmitter mode. For that button is available. Set your bluetooth device in transmitter mode.
- And to power on the Bluetooth device. Press the power button on the Bluetooth device. Now your bluetooth device in pairing mode.
- Now power on your Bluetooth speaker. And it should be in the pairing mode.
- They should connet with the each other.
How do you connect non-Bluetooth speakers and a projector?
For this situation. You will need the two iTeknic Bluetooth devices. To connect with the projector and Bluetooth. Let’s connect.
- Plug both Bluetooth devices. In the AUX port of speaker and projector.
- Then choose the transmitter mode in one Bluetooth device. While in other Bluetooth devices you have to choose the receiver mode.
- Then power on both Bluetooth devices. By pressing the power button on the Bluetooth device. Then they should connect with each other.
Wireless video tutorial.
How to connect speakers to the projector and laptop?
If you own the projector, laptop, and speaker. And want to know every possible way to connect your projector, laptop, and speaker. Then here you have all possible ways.
Here we connect the speaker with the laptop. Because by connecting the speaker with the audio source. It will give you the best audio quality.
First of all, make sure you have turned off your device. And sit back. Because here I am going to tell every possible connection type.
- We start connecting the projector and laptop. With the HDMI cable.
- Take one HDMI cable. Which both ends are equal. The one side of the HDMI cable will hook up with the projector.
- And another end of cable will go into the laptop.
- By using a remote, make sure you have chosen the HDMI port (In which you plug the HDMI cable). In the projector, if this step is needed.
Now after this step. You have various options available to connect the speaker. And here we will connect the speaker with the laptop. In the setup of the projector, laptop, and speaker.
- For Bluetooth speakers.
- Turn on your Bluetooth speaker. And make sure it is in pairing mode.
- You have to go to your laptop. Bluetooth settings. And turn on the Bluetooth. And choose your Bluetooth speaker. For the audio output.
- If your speaker has an AUX port.
- Take the Aux cable. And one end of the AUX cable will go into the AUX port of the laptop. And another will go in the speaker AUX port.
- If your speaker has an RCA port.
- Here we use the RCA to AUX cable. The AUX side of the cable will go into the AUX port of the laptop. And the RCA end of the cable will go into the RCA port of the projector.
HDMI audio splitter Or AV receiver
If the above option is not applicable for connecting the projector, laptop, and speaker. Then you have two other options available. You can use the HDMI audio splitter Or AV receiver. Let’s see the simple steps one by one.
HDMI audio splitter.
Here we are using the HDMI audio Splitter. In which one end has an HDMI input port. And the other end has HDMI output. As well other audio output ports are available (Optical and Analog/RCA).
- First, we use the HDMI input port. By connecting the Splitter and laptop. Using the HDMI cable.
- And after this, we use the HDMI output port. Which is available on the other side of the port. By using the HDMI output port on the other side. We connect the splitter and projector. With the help of an HDMI cable.
- Now another side of the splitter. An Optical and Analog/RCA audio output port is available. Here I am assuming. We are using the optical cable.
- So we take one Optical cable. And connect one end with the optical port of the splitter. And another with the speaker.
- After connecting all cables. Power on all your devices. Also, don’t forget to power up the HDMI audio splitter. With the help of a power cable.
And on the projector choose the HDMI port. In which you plug the HDMI port. By input search button. And also on the laptop choose the external connected cable for the audio output.
If you have the budget. And you want to connect the projector, laptop, and speaker. By using the best method. Then you can use the AV receiver.
- Take one HDMI cable. And with this cable, we connect the AV receiver and laptop. Connect your HDMI cable to one end with the laptop.
- And another end will plug with the HDMI input port of the AV receiver.
- From the receiver. You have to connect the projector. For that take another HDMI cable. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI output port of the receiver.
- Then another end of the HDMI cable will go into the projector.
- So, now on the AV receiver HDMI cable, Coaxial Digital Cable, Optical audio cable and audio cable ports. Are available to connet with the external speaker.
Hence the connection between Projector, Laptop, and Speaker. Will succeed by using the av receiver.
How to connect speakers to the projector and DVD player?
In the DVD player on the backside of the DVD player. You have RCA, HDMI port, etc. For the video output. And for the audio output, there will be an analog/RCA port.
- Plug the power cord in the DVD player. And connect with the power outlet.
- And also connect the projector with the power cord.
- As I said earlier. There will be different audio and video output ports on the DVD player. For the video output, you can use a yellow RCA and HDMI port, etc. Here I am using the yellow RCA port. So take one yellow RCA cable. And plug that cable with the DVD player yellow RCA port. And connect another yellow RCA cable with the yellow RCA port of the projector.
- Now for the audio output. Here we use the Analog/RCA port for the audio output. So take the RCA to AUX cable. And connect the RCA end with the DVD player. And then another end of AUX with the speaker.
- Now power on your speaker, DVD player, and projector.
- And make the video input configuration on the projector.
I am connecting a cable box, gaming console, and streaming device with a speaker?
If you are using the cable box, gaming console, and streaming device. For entertainment. Those types of devices. Which needs to be plugged in the HDMI port. Then you have to use the HDMI to HDMI splitter/HDMI to Audio splitter or AV receiver.
HDMI to HDMI Splitter
Overview of HDMI to HDMI splitter: there are two sides of the port. One side main HDMI input and Power input port available. And another side of the HDMI to HDMI splitter has. HDMI out and audio out cable like analog and optical.
So let’s see how you will connect the cable box, gaming console, and streaming device with a speaker?
- Connect the cable box, gaming console, and streaming device to the HDMI input port of the splitter.
- Now connect the projector and splitter. With the help of an HDMI cable. One HDMI cable will go into the HDMI output port of the splitter. And another will go into the HDMI input port of the projector.
- Now we will connect. Splitter and speaker. For that, we will use the audio out port on the splitter. Optical or Analog. Take the optical cable or analog cable and connect with the splitter and speaker.
- Now power up all your devices. By connecting it with the power cord. Cable box/gaming console/streaming device projector and speaker. And also don’t forget to power up the splitter.
If you have an AV receiver with multiple HDMI input ports. Then you can connect your cable box, gaming console, and streaming device, etc. With the AV receiver. How to.
- Connect all your device cable boxes, a gaming console, and a streaming device. With an AV receiver. By using the multiple HDMI input ports.
- And there will also be an HDMI output port available. You have to connect the projector and av receiver with the help of an HDMI cable.
- For the audio output. Here Coaxial Digital Cable, Optical Digital Cable and Audio cable or other. Option will be available. On the av receiver. For example. You have to use the optical cable for audio output. Connect the one end of the optical cable with the av receiver. And another end with the speaker.
- Now plug the power cable. And power up all your devices (Projector, AV receiver, and other connected devices). Make configuration on your projector to receive the HDMI signal.
What to do when your 3.5 mm is low-powered?
Sometimes there is audio output available on the projector. Which is very low-powered. If you have this issue you have to try to volume up. But still, you’re not getting the loud sound.
For that, you have to use the HDMI Audio Extractor or HDMI to HDMI splitter or HDMI audio splitter. You can call it with various names.
But its purpose is to take the HDMI in. And out the video and audio signal. By its HDMI, Analog, and Optical port.
So in this article, we have all the single details on how to connect speakers to the projector. I hope this tutorial. Will help you to connect the projector and speaker simultaneously.
See you next time…