How to connect sony subwoofer to soundbar without remote [4 easy ways]
So, you don’t have a remote and. You want to connect the Sony subwoofer to the soundbar without a remote.
There are four ways. By following them you can connect your Sony subwoofer to the soundbar without a remote:-
- Bluetooth Connection
- Using Buttons
- HDMI ARC
- Using the Sony music app.
Ahead in this article. I have talked in detail about these solutions.
I have also talked about specific Sony subwoofers like HT-CT790, SA-WCT370, and HT-NT5.
So, stick to the end of the article. If you want to connect your Sony subwoofer or soundbar without a remote.
And without any goof up.
How to connect sony subwoofer to soundbar without remote?
If you have the Sony subwoofer and soundbar. That supports Bluetooth connection.
Then using the Bluetooth connectivity option. You can connect both sound devices.
Let’s see how you can connect the soundbar and sony subwoofer. Step by step:-
- Turn on both the device soundbar and sony subwoofer.
- Press the Pairing mode button on the Sony subwoofer. So, your Sony subwoofer. The pairing mode can be turned on.
- Now go to the soundbar Bluetooth setting. And look for the device available. That is ready to connect with your soundbar.
- When you find your sony subwoofer. Select the sony subwoofer.
- Then you can adjust the sound accordingly. To your desire.
Some points. I want you to remember. Make sure both your devices have Bluetooth connections available.
If you have an old soundbar. Then you might not have a Bluetooth connection available.
In this case, then you can find other ways to connect your soundbar and sony subwoofer.
Don’t worry, if you don’t have the remote of the soundbar and sony subwoofer.
You will still be able to connect the soundbar and sony subwoofer.
Follow these steps carefully:-
- Turn off both devices.
- Unplug both devices from the power outlet.
- Find the pairing button on your soundbar.
- When you find the pairing button. Press and hold that button for five seconds. Using hand.
- And then with your second hand. Take the power cable with your other hand. Then connect the power cable to the power outlet.
- Continue holding the pairing button. After connecting the power cable to the power outlet.
- Until the LINK written in LEDs don’t start blinking rapidly. Your soundbar is ready for the pairing.
- Now, it’s time for the subwoofer. Find the power button of your subwoofer.
- And press that power button for five seconds. Then grab the power cord.
- And connect with the power outlet.
- After a few seconds. The LED indicator in the subwoofer will start flashing.
- Once both devices will connect with each other. The LED indicator on the subwoofer will stop flashing.
Yes, I know that the steps are long using the button. But you can give and try.
Using buttons you can also connect the sony subwoofer HT-CT790, SA-WCT370, and HT-NT5.
Turn off both devices. Then connect the HDMI cable. With the soundbar and the TV.
In the HDMI ARC port. Now turn on the soundbar and TV. And the HDMI ARC port in the TV.
When you connect the TV and soundbar. And also turn on the subwoofer.
They both should connect automatically. If they are not connecting. You can press the pairing button. On the subwoofer.
Sony Music App
If none of the above solutions work for you. And you failed to connect the Sony subwoofer to the soundbar without the remote.
Then this is the last solution I have. You can try.
You have to download the sony music app on your tablet or phone.
When you will successfully download the sony music app. Now open the app.
And select the soundbar from the list. Then tap on “Add Speaker”.
And follow the instructions on your screen. To add your subwoofer.
So these are all four easy ways. By following them, you can connect your Sony subwoofer to the soundbar.
How to connect a Samsung subwoofer to a soundbar without a remote?
You want to connect the Samsung subwoofer to the soundbar without a remote.
Ok, there are a few steps. You can follow:-
- Turn on both devices. Press the ID set button on the back of the subwoofer. And your blue LED light will start blinking. Now on your remote press the upward button. On your soundbar. The ID set will show. Now both your devices will connect automatically. And the blue LED link will stop blinking. On the subwoofer.
- You can also use the Samsung SmartThings app. If your soundbar is compatible with the app. Download the app. Connect your soundbar with wifi. Then follow the instructions on your app. To connect your subwoofer with the soundbar.
- Connect soundbar and subwoofer. To the power outlet, and turn it on. The soundbar and subwoofer should connect automatically.
If these three solutions do not work. You can reset your soundbar or subwoofer.
Or talk with Samsung support about the particular subwoofer and soundbar.
So, connect the Sony subwoofer to the soundbar without a remote.
Have some simple steps that you can follow. I hope you have learned something new from this article.
See you next time…