How to connect fire stick to a projector [3 easy steps]
Will the Amazon fire tv stick work on the projector? Yes, it will work with the projector the same as it does with the modern TV. Any projector which has an HDMI input port. To receive high-quality video.
In this article, you will learn three simple steps. How to hook up an amazon fire TV stick with a projector:-
- Prepare the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Connect with the projector.
- Configure your amazon fire stick.
And here I have also explained. How you can connect without HDMI (three options available).
And lot’s of other things so stay tuned till the end.
How to connect or plug or hook up a firestick to the projector?
If you have an HDMI input port in your projector. You won’t face any kind of connection issue. It’s the simplest way to connect your firestick and projector.
Prepare the Amazon Fire TV Stick
Take the firestick and plug in the micro USB cable in the micro USB port of the firestick.
Connect with the Projector
Now connect your firestick HDMI male with the projector HDMI input port. Then to power up your firestick you can connect with the projector USB port.
If it doesn’t work. Then in the firestick box, the power adapter is inside the box. As we charge our smartphones. You have to connect the USB cable to the power adapter. And plug that power adapter with the power source.
At last, you have to select the HDMI port on the projector. In which you have plugged the firestick. To receive the signal.
Configure your Amazon Firestick
If you have done the first and second steps successfully. Then you will get the firestick interface on the projector screen. Now configure your amazon firestick. Go to the network setting and connect with the available wifi.
Choose your language. Connect your firestick with the wifi. Log in to your Amazon account.
If you have bought the firestick from amazon. You will already log in to your account.
In this flow of firestick configuration. You will get the remote adjustment. Option in which you have to do volume up and down.
To check your connection between the firestick and remote. So you can freely move between the settings.
If you are thinking to buy the best projector for firestick. Then you can go with these two DBPOWER T20 LCD Mini Movie Projectors & GooDee 2021 Upgrade HD Video Projectors (Amazon Link).
Read also: How to connect soundbar to projector [5 easy ways]
How do I connect my Firestick to my old projector without HDMI?
If your projector doesn’t have an HDMI port. Don’t worry you can also connect your firestick to the projector.
Just you have to invest in the adapter. Depend upon the port on your projector. You may have to buy the adapter.
- For the VGA port on the projector. You have to buy the HDMI to VGA adapter.
- For the RCA port. Get HDMI to RCA adapter.
- For the DVI port. Get HDMI to DVI adapter.
Make sure all these adapters are active. Which converts the digital to the analog signal. For the demonstration.
Here I am giving the example of a VGA port. Where I am going to use the HDMI to VGA adapter.
HDMI to VGA adapter
- Start connecting the firestick with the adapter.
- Now plug your Adapter VGA cable with the projector VGA input port.
- Now connect the micro USB cable with the adapter. To power up your adapter.
- Choose the VGA port in which you hook up the VGA cable. To receive the signal from your firestick on the projector.
- And also don’t forget to power up your firestick. Connect your firestick with the micro USB cable. And then you can connect the normal USB head to the USB port of the projector. Or connect with the power adapter and then directly to the power outlet.
The same process will go with the DVI and RCA input ports. For both, you will need the HDMI to DVI or RCA adapter. And also extra DVI and RCA cable.
Read also: How to watch or play Netflix on projector [Best and Easy way]
How to connect a fire stick to the projector and receiver?
If you have a receiver in the home theatre. And you want to connect your projector, fire stick, and receiver.
Here I am going to tell you the simple steps. With help of that, you can connect all your devices. Let’s see.
- Connect your firestick to your one-input HDMI port of the receiver. And power up your firestick. With the help of a USB port or power adapter. For that connect your micro to the USB cable with the firestick and USB port or power adapter then the electricity source.
- Now you Have to connect the projector and receiver with the help of an HDMI cable. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI input port of the projector and Another end of the cable. With the receiver HDMI output port.
- If you want to connect your speakers or soundbar. You can connect with the receiver. Depending on whether you have an audio output port available on the receiver.
Now you have to do HDMI output and input configuration on the receiver and projector. And also don’t forget to do the audio output configuration.
Taking out the audio.
If you have Bluetooth speakers. There is the simplest way available. To connect your Bluetooth speakers with the fire stick.
Go to the amazon fire tv stick Bluetooth pairing setting. And make sure your Bluetooth speaker is also in pairing mode.
And connect your Bluetooth speaker with your fire tv stick. For more step-by-step instructions. Follow this article.
HDMI to HDMI and Audio
If you have a soundbar or speakers. And that is not Bluetooth enabled. Then you have to use the HDMI to HDMI and Audio to extract the audio from the firestick. For the soundbar or speakers. Let’s see how you can do this.
There are two sides to the splitter. From one side you will get HDMI in and on another side HDMI out.
On the HDMI output port. You will get three audio output options: SPDIF, RCA stereo, and audio cable.
- Connect your firestick. On the HDMI input. And power up your firestick.
- Now take another HDMI cable. And make connections. Between the projector HDMI input port and adapter HDMI output port.
- Now connect the power connection for your adapter. And power up your HDMI to HDMI audio adapter.
- For the audio output, you can connect your soundbar and speakers. With the audio output port SPDIF, RCA stereo, and audio cable.
Hence you can extract audio for your speakers and soundbar. While using the firestick use the HDMI to HDMI audio extractor.
Read also: How to connect speakers to projector and get audio [Wired and Wireless]
If you want to connect your projector and firestick wirelessly. And also want to take the audio out. Then you should get this IOGEAR Wireless 3D Digital Kit (Amazon Link). For the instruction, you can follow this official pdf.
Can I connect my firestick to my projector? I hope you get the answer to your question. In this article. And also what is the best projector for firestick?
That is compatible with the firestick. And we also talk about the best way to get the audio output from the firestick.
After connecting the firestick to the projector. If you face any issue you don’t need to worry about anything.
See you next time…