Page Contents Shortcut
- 1 Things you should know before you connect an android phone and projector.
- 2 Wireless
- 3 Wired
- 4 Can a smartphone be used as a projector?
- 5 Conclusion.
- 6 Refrence.
Can a smartphone be connected to a projector? Yes, you can connect. If your smartphone supports screen mirroring. Then you can connect your android phone to the projector wirelessly.
Otherwise, if your smartphone has a micro USB and USB-C port at the bottom. Then you can connect your projector and android phone with the cable.
So it’s easy to connect your android phone to the projector. It will be Piece of cake. So in this article, I am going to cover how you can connect both devices step by step.
Before we get into how we connect both devices. I would like to draw your attention to some important points. So you won’t get frustrated while connecting the projector and android phone.
Let’s check out those points.
Things you should know before you connect an android phone and projector.
These are some points. You should know before you connect the projector and smartphone.
- If you want to connect your projector and smartphone using screen mirroring. Make sure both the projector and smartphone should support miracast. It won’t be helpful if your only one device supports miracast. In short, both devices should have screen mirroring features. And it’s enabled.
- Or you are trying to connect the projector. With the micro USB/USB C. Make sure your smartphone supports. The audio and video signal output through the micro USB/USB port.
- On the projector, you’re using the cable. And your projector has an HDMI and VGA port. For this, if you have multiple VGA and HDMI ports. Make sure that the port is chosen for receiving the video and audio signal. The same goes for the screen mirroring. Screen mirroring/miracast should be chosen as an audio and video signal input. When you are doing screen mirroring.
- If you are using the Bluetooth connection between the projector and smartphone. For the video then it’s not going to work.
If your smartphone does not support the audio and video signal support through the USB port. Or you don’t want the wire in your projector setup. Then there are three wireless ways to use it. You can connect your android phone with your projector.
Screen mirroring android to the projector.
- Turn on your projector.
- Now choose the screen mirroring/miracast. As the video and audio signal receiving/input option.
- Now take your smartphone. And enable the file-sharing option and screen mirroring option. You can do this on your android phone by swapping down the screen. Or go to the settings and find the file-sharing option and screen mirroring.
- When you on the screen mirroring option you will get the option to select your projector. Choose or click on that option.
And here your smartphone screen is ready to show on the big screen. When you’re done projecting the video and image. You have to just swipe down the smartphone screen. Or go to the phone setting and close the file sharing and screen mirroring.
By using the screen mirroring. You can project Netflix, amazon prime, and youtube videos.
Android phone to the projector using Chromecast.
This is the best way to connect the phone and projector wirelessly. If you have Chromecast. Or you can buy the new Chromecast.
Let’s see the setup process of chrome cast:-
- Power on the projector. For that use the power cable and power wall outlet.
- First, plug the Chromecast into the HDMI input port of the projector.
- Now power up your Chromecast. For that, we will need the micro USB to the normal USB cable. One end of the cable will go into the Chromecast micro USB port. And another end will go into the projector USB port of the projector (To power up the chromecast).
- Connect your chrome cast with your home wifi network.
In this manner, you have to connect the Chromecast with the projector. If you have plugged the Chromecast with the projector. And choose the right HDMI port in which you plug the Chromecast.
You will see the interface of the Chromecast on your projector screen. This means you have successfully connected the Chromecast with the projector.
Now download the google home app and install it from the google play store. Then click and open the app. And click on the get started. Do the instructions as it says.
Then, at last, you will get the instruction to on your location. And to connect your phone with the same wifi. In which you have connected your Chromecast (and might to on the Bluetooth). After it automatically search for the deivce.
If you are unable to connect the phone with the Chromecast. In the first attempt then. You will see a pop on the screen. Which ask you what you want to connet with.
The various options will be available. You have to choose the first option chromecast.
Upper process. If you are downloading the google home app for the first time.
If you have already installed the app. And configured the app. When you open the google home app. On the upper left side of the phone screen.
You will see the plus button “+”. Click one that. Then click on the set up device. You will get the two options for new devices and work with google. You have to choose a new device. Choose your home. And then next.
Now you have to on the location of your smartphone. And wifi (connect with the wifi in which you have connected the Chromecast). At last, you will get the option to connect with your chrome cast (If it’s not automatically not connect with the chromecast).
Connect android phone to VGA projector.
If you have an old VGA projector. Then you can also connect your VGA projector with the smartphone wirelessly.
For this, you will need the Anycast, HDMI female to female coupler adapter, HDMI to VGA Adapter, and VGA cable. Start connecting.
- Connect your anycast with the one end of the HDMI female to female coupler adapter.
- Now we use the HDMI to VGA adapter. HDMI cable of the adapter. You have to plug in the other end of the HDMI female-to-female coupler adapter.
- Until we have used anycast, HDMI female to female coupler adapter and HDMI to VGA adapter.
- Now take another VGA to VGA male cable. Now connect one end of the VGA cable with the HDMI to VGA adapter. And another with the projector VGA input port of the projector. And choose the VGA port in which you have plugged the VGA cable. If needed.
If you have plugged in the right manner (Anycast>>HDMI female to femal coupler adapter>>HDMI ot VGA adapter>>VGA cable>>to VGA projector). And your projector is getting the signal of anycast. Then you will get the interface of the anycast on the projector screen.
Now open your phone. Your android phone must support screen mirroring.
If yes. Then on your screen mirroring. And choose the anycast. And start casting your phone screen. On your VGA projector wirelessly.
If you have doubts on the wireless connection. Then here I am going to teach you how you can connect your projector and android phone with the wire.
Using Type-C USB to HDMI cable.
For this, you will need the USB C to HDMI Adapter Or 2-in-1 USB Type C Micro USB to HDMI Cable.
What is the USB C/Micro USB to HDMI cable? It’s a type of cable. In which you have the one end HDMI. And another end is the USB C/Micro USB cable. And also the normal USB.
Let’s see your android phone>>projector. This cable USB C/Micro USB to HDMI cable.
- If you have a smartphone with a micro USB port. Then use the micro USB cable. Or if you have a USB C port. Then use the USB C cable. And connect with your smartphone.
- Now connect your HDMI cable with the projector HDMI input port. And the USB cable will go in the USB port of the projector. You can also use the phone power adapter. To connect the USB cable.
- Choose the HDMI port. In which you have plugged the HDMI cable.
Power on the projector. And start projecting your small screen. On the big screen.
What if I have a VGA port projector?
If you have the VGA projector. Then let’s see how you will connect your android phone with the VGA port projector. For this, you will need the USB-C to VGA Adapter.
- Connect the USB-C cable with the phone USB-C port. Of USB-C to VGA adapter
- Now use the VGA cable. And connect with the USB-C to VGA adapter and projector.
And here your connection between the VGA projector and android phone with the VGA cable is done.
Can a smartphone be used as a projector?
No, a normal smartphone can’t project like a projector. So they can’t be used as a projector. Because smartphones don’t have the hardware like the projector. Like LED, Laser, Lamp light source technology. And display technology like LCD and DLP.
But, some smartphones used to exist in the market in the past. Which have such type of hardware. Which is used to project the image on the bigger screen. Then the smartphone has.
These types of smartphones are used to manufacture. By Samsung and Motorola. But I feel sorry. Because this type of projector smartphone is discontinued. By the manufacturer. Now they won’t exist in the market.
So in today’s article, we learn. Connecting the projector with an android phone could be frustrating for the newbie. But he can easily connect the android phone with the projector.
After reading this article. Which explains to him how to connect an android phone to a projector. Like he is five. In various scenarios.
No matter how you want to connect your projector. Wired and wireless. You can do every type of connection between the projector and smartphone.
It won’t be a big deal. You may need to invest in some equipment like an adapter, cable, anycast, and Chromecast.
- Problems connecting a USB-C Android phone to a QKK mini projector.
- How can I connect my mobile screen in my projector?
- Solved! How can I connect my android phone to projector
- How to connect Android Phone to Projector | Projector Ninja
- HOW TO CONNECT ANDROID TO PROJECTOR – SCREEN MIRRORING – VANKYO LEISURE 470
- Miracast Phone to VGA Projector
- Google Chromecast: How to Connect to Projector (ALL GOOGLE CHROMECASTs)