How to connect android phone to projector [6 Best Easy Ways]
Android smartphones are the most used gadget in history. According to the statista. Only in the United States.
There are 131.2 million smartphone users available in 2021. And it’s expected to grow up to 133.4 million in 2022.
That’s why in today’s article. We are going to learn how you can connect an android phone to a projector.
For a Wired connection, you can use USB-C to HDMI adapter or USB-C to a VGA adapter. And for the wireless connection, you can use Chromecast, screen mirroring, anycast and manufacturer app.
These are the six best easy ways you can connect a phone to a projector. Including wired and wireless connections.
Before we get into how we connect both devices. I would like to draw your attention to some important points.
So you won’t get frustrated while connecting the projector and android phone. Let’s check out those points.
Read also: Best android powered projector.
Things you should know before you connect an android phone and projector.
These are some points. You should know before you connect the projector and smartphone.
- If you want to connect your projector and smartphone using screen mirroring. Make sure both the projector and smartphone should support miracast. It won’t be helpful if your only one device supports miracast. In short, both devices should have screen mirroring features. And it’s enabled.
- Or you are trying to connect the projector. With the micro USB/USB C. Make sure your smartphone supports it. The audio and video signal output through the micro USB/USB port.
- On the projector, you’re using the cable. And your projector has an HDMI and VGA port. For this, if you have multiple VGA and HDMI ports. Make sure that the port is chosen for receiving the video and audio signal. The same goes for the screen mirroring. Screen mirroring/miracast should be chosen as an audio and video signal input. When you are doing screen mirroring.
- If you are using the Bluetooth connection between the projector and smartphone. For the video then it’s not going to work.
If your smartphone does not support the audio and video signal support through the USB port.
Or you don’t want the wire in your projector setup. Then there are four wireless ways to use it. You can connect or plug your android phone with your projector.
Screen mirroring android to the projector.
- Turn on your projector.
- Now choose the screen mirroring/miracast. As the video and audio signal receiving/input option.
- Now take your smartphone. And enable the file-sharing option and screen mirroring option. You can do this on your android phone by swapping down the screen. Or go to the settings and find the file-sharing option and screen mirroring.
- When you turn on the screen mirroring option you will get the option to select your projector. Choose or click on that option.
And here your smartphone screen is ready to show on the big screen. When you’re done projecting the video and image.
You have to just swipe down the smartphone screen. Or go to the phone setting and close the file sharing and screen mirroring.
By using the screen mirroring. You can project Netflix, amazon prime, and youtube videos.
For more information and a practical overview. You can check out the video below.
Android phone to the projector using Chromecast.
This is the best way to connect the phone and projector wirelessly. If you have Chromecast. Or you can buy the new Chromecast.
Let’s see the setup process of chrome cast:-
- Power on the projector. For that use the power cable and power wall outlet.
- First, plug the Chromecast into the HDMI input port of the projector.
- Now power up your Chromecast. For that, we will need the micro USB to the normal USB cable. One end of the cable will go into the Chromecast micro USB port. And another end will go into the projector USB port of the projector (To power up the chromecast).
- Connect your chrome cast with your home wifi network.
In this manner, you have to connect the Chromecast with the projector.
If you have plugged the Chromecast with the projector. And choose the right HDMI port in which you plug the Chromecast.
You will see the interface of the Chromecast on your projector screen. This means you have successfully connected the Chromecast with the projector.
For the app practical setup check out the below video.
Connect android phone to VGA projector.
If you have an old VGA projector. Then you can also connect your VGA projector with the smartphone wirelessly.
For this, you will need the Anycast, HDMI female to female coupler adapter, HDMI to VGA Adapter, and VGA cable. Start connecting.
- Connect your anycast with the one end of the HDMI female to female coupler adapter.
- Now we use the HDMI to VGA adapter. HDMI cable of the adapter. You have to plug in the other end of the HDMI female-to-female coupler adapter.
- Until we have used anycast, HDMI female to female coupler adapter and HDMI to VGA adapter.
- Now take another VGA to VGA male cable. Now connect one end of the VGA cable with the HDMI to VGA adapter. And another with the projector VGA input port of the projector. And choose the VGA port in which you have plugged the VGA cable. If needed.
If you have plugged in the right manner (Anycast>>HDMI female to female coupler adapter>>HDMI to VGA adapter>>VGA cable>>to VGA projector).
And your projector is getting the signal of anycast. Then you will get the interface of the anycast on the projector screen.
Now open your phone. Your android phone must support screen mirroring.
If yes. Then on your screen mirroring. And choose the anycast. And start casting your phone screen. On your VGA projector wirelessly.
If somehow your HDMI to VGA adapter does not work. Then you can read our article on HDMI to VGA converter or adapter not working.
If your projector support wi-fi direct. Then you can directly connect your projector with the smartphone. For that check your projector description or manual.
And look is your projector support wi-fi direct. If yes then also make sure. Your have good speed wi-fi connection.
Then you can easily connect your phone with projector. Using wi-fi direct. Follow the following step. It might be different for different android device.
Swipe down on your phone. And go to your setting. Then Network and Connection. Access the wifi menu. Make sure wifi is enabled. Go to the Wi-Fi preferences or Advance options. Click on wi-fi direct prompt.
If you have doubts about the wireless connection. Here I am going to teach you how you can connect or hook your projector and android phone with the wire.
Using Type-C USB to HDMI cable.
For this, you will need the USB C to HDMI Adapter Or 2-in-1 USB Type C Micro USB to HDMI Cable.
What is the USB C/Micro USB to HDMI cable? It’s a type of cable. In which you have the one end HDMI. And another end is the USB C/Micro USB cable. And also the normal USB.
Let’s see your android phone>>projector. This cable USB C/Micro USB to HDMI cable.
- If you have a smartphone with a micro USB port. Then use the micro USB cable. Or if you have a USB C port. Then use the USB C cable. And connect with your smartphone.
- Now connect your HDMI cable with the projector HDMI input port. And the USB cable will go in the USB port of the projector. You can also use the phone power adapter. To connect the USB cable.
- Choose the HDMI port. In which you have plugged the HDMI cable.
Power on the projector. And start projecting your small screen. On the big screen.
What if I have a VGA port projector?
If you have the VGA projector. Then let’s see how you will connect your android phone with the VGA port projector. For this, you will need the USB-C to VGA Adapter.
- Connect the USB-C cable with the phone USB-C port. Of USB-C to VGA adapter
- Now use the VGA cable. And connect with the USB-C to VGA adapter and projector.
And here your connection between the VGA projector and android phone with the VGA cable is done.
Offered by the manufacturer.
There are many android apps available by the manufacturer itself. So you have to find those apps. Which can be used for connection purposes.
Here I am making your work a little bit easy. For that here I have found the list of Best Projector Apps for Android.
Which you can choose according to your projector manufacturer. Best of luck.
So in today’s article, we learn. Connecting the projector with an android phone could be frustrating for the newbie. But he can easily connect the android phone with the projector.
After reading this article. Which explains to him how to connect an android phone to a projector. Like he is five. In various scenarios.
No matter how you want to connect your projector. Wired and wireless. You can do every type of connection between the projector and smartphone.
It won’t be a big deal. You may need to invest in some equipment like an adapter, cable, anycast, or Chromecast.
See, you next time…