Page Contents Shortcut
- 1 How to connect or hook up a dvd player to a projector?
- 2 How to connect or hook up a dvd player to a projector with HDMI?
- 3 Connecting with the VGA projector.
- 4 Connect the dvd player to the projector wirelessly.
- 5 What If I have a cheap mini projector?
- 6 I don’t have a DVD player, but I still want to play the CD.
- 7 Conclusion.
- 8 References.
Can I hook a DVD player to my projector? Yes, take an RCA yellow cable plug with a DVD player and projector. For the audio output, you have to use the aux to RCA cable. Power on and choose right input port.
Now worry if you have an HDMI out port on the DVD player. Take an HDMI cable and connect it with the DVD player and projector. Power on and choose the video input port.
If you are feeling like this small guide. Then move ahead in our article. And learn in detail. How you can connect or hook a DVD Or VCR player with a projector.
Even your projector has a USB port. Or you want to connect your DVD and projector wirelessly. I got your queries. And many other things.
Stay tuned till the end.
How to connect or hook up a dvd player to a projector?
By saying here, OLD DVD player. I mean to say those DVD players which come with only have an RCA port available for audio and vidoe output.
Lots of people still have this kind of DVD player. So let’s start connecting your old DVD player with the projector.
- Take a yellow RCA cable. And connecting the one end of yellow RCA cable will go into the video out rca yellow port of the DVD player.
- And another end of the rca yellow cable. Will goes into the projector or yellow video RCA input port.
- For the audio output. You will need the RCA to AUX (Amazon Link) for the audio output. To take the audio out. Connect the RCA end (Red & White) of the cable into the DVD player. And an aux cable will goes into the speaker. Which one do you want? If it has aux input port available.
- Now plug the power cable to your projector and DVD player. If needed you have to select the rca yellow in put port on the projector. Using the input search feature on your projector. If your projector won’t recognize the video input source.
If you want some practical overview of the DVD player to the projector. Then you can follow the video below.
How to connect or hook up a dvd player to a projector with HDMI?
Blu-ray DVD player. Will be the new school type of DVD player. Which comes with the digital audio and video connection.
Here we learn how to connect if your projector and DVD player has an HDMI input port available.
- Take an HDMI cable. One end of the HDMI cable will go into the blu-ray player. In the HDMI output port.
- And another end of the HDMI cable will go into the projector. In the HDMI input port.
- Audio output option: For the audio output. Depends on your Bluray DVD player model. Audio output could be. HDMI, Coaxial Or Digital optical, Channel analog audio, and Two analog audio ports. You can choose one of them. And can connect with your speakers and soundbar. Example: Take Coaxial or Digital optical cable and connect one end with the Bluray DVD player. And another with the sound system.
- Power on both of your devices. Now you might need to choose the HDMI port. In which you have plugged the HDMI cable on your projector.
If in your setup there is an AV receiver then you should follow this conversion. And if your projector has a VGA port you can go with the next tutorial.
Connecting with the VGA projector.
Let’s see how you will connect your Blu Ray DVD player with the VGA projector. For that, you will need the HDMI to VGA adapter.
- Take HDMI to VGA adapter (Amazon Link). And connect the HDMI cable with the Bluray DVD player.
- Now you have to connect the VGA cable with the Adapter.
- Another end of VGA cable. You have to plug in the projector VGA port. Choose the VGA in port, if needed.
- Power on both of your devices. And if needed also power up the adapter.
Connect the dvd player to the projector wirelessly.
Here, I will teach you how you can connect your DVD player to the projector. Using the Nyrius WS55 Wireless HD Video Transmitter & Receiver (Amazon Link).
If your DVD player has an HDMI output port. Let’s see a step by step tutorial.
- Take one HDMI cable and connect it with your receiver and the projector. And don’t forget to connect your receiver with the power source.
- And now connect the transmitter with the DVD player. Using HDMI cable. Also connect the transmitter with the power source. For that use the power adapter.
- Now we connect the IR remote emitter with the IR out jack of the transmitter. And the IR remote receiver will connect to the IR in the jack of the receiver. (If you want to controles the things with the remote.)
- After you power on all your devices. Blu-ray player, Projector, Transmitter and Receiver. And choosing the right HDMI input port on your projector. Nyris should be shown on the screen. If not then you have to pair both devices. For that check out the video below.
- Make sure you have chosen the HDMI port. In which you plug the HDMI cable. If it does not work, change the HDMI cable.
- Try to change the resolution of the video from the Bluray DVD player. Because sometimes the projector can’t handle the high resolution of the video. Or try with the TV.
- If your projector has a VGA port. Use the HDMI to VGA adapter.
What If I have a cheap mini projector?
If you have a cheap mini projector. Which have only USB, SD insert and aux port. Then no need to worry.
If you want to play the CD on your projector. Then you will need a PC with a DVD driver.
Which can read the CD. Then you can connect the PC with a projector using the USB to USB cable (Amazon Link). And then you can use cheap mini with the projector.
I don’t have a DVD player, but I still want to play the CD.
In this situation. You must have a PS3 or PS4 or PS5. Which can play the CD. By connecting your PS4 or PS5 with the projector.
If you want to see some action. How you can play the cd on the PS4 and PS5. Then check out the below video.
Or you can buy a projector which has a built-in CD player (Amazon Link).
It’s possible you can connect or hook or plug your DVD player to a projector. But make sure your projector have RCA port of HDMI port. Or if you don’t want cable hassle.
Then you can buy the projector. Which have a built-in DVD player.
See you next time…