Page Contents Shortcut
- 1 Should I calibrate the projector?
- 2 The basics of projector calibration
- 3 What tools do I need for the calibration?
- 4 How can I calibrate the projector?
- 5 How to calibrate a projector with the help of Apple TV?
- 6 How to calibrate a pen for an Epson projector?
- 7 How to calibrate a projector for sewing?
- 8 How to calibrate a profile projector?
- 9 How do you calibrate a Promethean projector?
- 10 Conclusion.
- 11 Reference.
Recently you have spent a huge amount of money on your home cinema projector. And the image quality you get on the projector is not that much satisfy you. As expected from the projector. Then today in this article. I will teach you how to calibrate a projector.
By calibrating your projector. You will get better colour production with your projector. Then before. There are two types of projector calibration. About both of them, we will talk about them in today’s article.
But before we start our main article. Let’s talk about whether you should calibrate your projector or not.
Should I calibrate the projector?
Yes, you should calibrate your projector. If you are not satisfied with the projector colour production. With the projector lamp getting old.
And the projector lamp’s ability to project good image quality diminishes. So, if you have the opportunity to calibrate your projector once a month. It will be better for your projector. To project better image quality.
The basics of projector calibration
This is the first thing you can do with your projector. If you are thinking of doing the projector calibration. Play with your projector setting. There are five components of any projector video projection. Brightness, Contrast or Picture, Sharpness, Tint, and Color.
Go to your projector menu setting and tweak. These projector settings. On the basic level, you get good image projection. And there is no way to say some exact no of brightness or contrast. You should increase or decrease your projector.
Because every person has a different taste in the image of the projection. In their home theatre. For some reference, you can check out the video below. Which can help you in the beginning.
If you need something. Which seriously improves your image quality. You will need some equipment. For the projector calibration. Let’s see them.
What tools do I need for the calibration?
These are some essential equipment you will need to calibrate your projector.
- A meter for measurement of the light and the color level and other things. While calibrating the projector. There are lots of color meter available in the market. But there are some recommended. Which you can use to calibrate the projector. SpyderX Pro or Xrite i1 Display pro.
- A tripod to hold the sensor device in front of the projector screen. During the calibration of the projector. So, the sensor device can be at the right distance from the projector. And also at the right height with the projector screen.
- A good windows laptop in which you can plug your projector and the sensor device. And also install he calibration software. For the calibration.
- Also, you will need the projector calibration software.
- How you will test the projector image quality. If you don’t have a good quality video for the output. So make sure you have some good quality video content like blu-ray movie CDs.
How can I calibrate the projector?
Here we are going to learn. How you can calibrate your projector step by step. With the help of SpyderX Pro or Xrite i1 Display Pro.
- Place your color meter or sensor device right in front of the projector. Between the projector screen. And one foot away from the projector. And at the mid of projector screen. Make sure when you are using the sensor device. Your room should be blackout completely.
- Now connect your colorimeter or sensor device. With the Laptop.
- It’s time to connect your projector with the laptop.
- Make sure your projector has calibration software preinstalled. There are lots of projector calibration-free and paid calibration software available. Like their free available, HCFR and LightSpace DPS. Which is free and famous among projector enthusiasts. If you want to learn more about calibration software. And I want to learn difference between the free and paid projector software calibration. You can read this article.
- Now you have to do some presets on your projector calibration software. Like you have to choose the gamma level, screen size, etc. Other things depend on the software you choose.
- Now start the calibration process for your projector. It will take some time. When it’s over save this calibration profile. And your calibration process is done for your projector.
Some bottom line. When you are doing the calibration. When you want to do the calibration for your projector. In the SDR or HDR format.
You have to do the calibration process separately. For both video formats. If you want some practical reference for these steps. You can check out the video below.
And if you want to learn a different way to calibrate your projector. You can read the comprehensive article below.
- AVS HD 709 – Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration
- CHROMAPURE GRAYSCALE & COLOR CALIBRATION FOR DUMMIES
- HCFR – Open source projector and display calibration software
- How to Calibrate your JVC Projector with Autocal & SpyderX Pro
How to calibrate a projector with the help of Apple TV?
If you have the apple tv 1st and 2nd with the higher than the 14.5+. Also the iPhone with the face id and 14.5+. If you have all these things let’s see how you can calibrate your projector using the Apple TV.
- Start color-balancing on your apple TV. To start the calibration process.
- Now accept or confirm the color balance on your iPhone.
- Now wrap your iPhone with the white paper and remember. Which side has the display?
- Put your iPhone in front of the projected screen with the iphone display facing the projector.
- Move the iPhone towards the projector until the balance process strat.
- Now, wait for thirty seconds until the calibration process ends.
- Now your job is done. Look what improvement. You have done by clibrating your rpojector with the help of Apple TV.
How to calibrate a pen for an Epson projector?
If you have got the new interactive projector and are wondering. How you will calibrate your projector with the pen. Then there are two ways you can calibrate your projector.
With the auto-calibration and manual calibration process. Let’s start with the auto-calibration process. But before confirming that your projector screen has nothing on it like a magnet object or anything. If these kinds of things are on the screen. Remove them from the projector screen.
- Now take the projector remote in your hand. And press the user button. The auto-calibration window. Will open on the screen. Select yes. And your auto-calibration. Will continue. If Somehow this process failed with your projector. You can try manual calibration.
- To do the auto-calibration again. Again press the user button on your projector remote. And the same auto-calibration window will open. This time select no. And another new window will open. Select the manual calibration option. And touch all those circles with the middle tip of the pen. With the interactive pen. And that’s how your manual calibration will be done.
You have to do these steps. When you buy the interactive projector for the first time. On your new interactive projector.
How to calibrate a projector for sewing?
If you are new to using the projector for sewing. Then it might be difficult to calibrate your projector. But it won’t be difficult. After the tips, I am going to give you.
Go to your laptop or tablet. And project the grid pattern on the material. Which you are going to cut. Before you project the actual cloth pattern. Now put the grid ruler on the material.
And try to match the grid ruler with the projected ruler. If it does not match in the first attempt. Adjust your projector zoom or distance between the projection surface and the projector.
So this is this simple overview of the calibration of a projector for sewing.
How to calibrate a profile projector?
This is the last projector calibration in our today article. How you can calibrate your profile projector.
- The first thing you have to do is to adjust the x and y-axis handle until you hear the beep.
- Press the f1 button. Move to the supervisor button and select. And put the password.
- Then go back to the f1 button. Now go to advance then q axis and put the value 360.
- Now back to the image interface and find the vertex of the image. Then rotate around. There is a similar podetium next to the image interface.
- Now on the small digital screen, you get the q axis value. Put that value in the advance q-axis resolution.
- Change the Ri mode into high. To find the zero. If it’s low it won’t find the zero.
- If there is an edge finder, turn that off.
- Find the linear error in the equalizer.
- Straight the line ruler. To justify alignment. Find a line at the far left. The line should be aligned with the cross line.
- Press the X0, Y0, and Q0. To reset the XYQ.
- Then find the line at the far right, aligning.
- Input the standard value of the long-gone on the ruler in the linear ruler correction. Input observed value.
- After setup and straighten the ruler. Find the ruler in the y-direction.
- The lower line should be along with the crosshair. Reset the XYQ.
- Then find a line at the far right, aligning. Then find a line in the +Y direction.
- Input the standard value of the length the scale is gone. On the ruler in the linear error correction. Input the observed value.
- At last, enter the quit button. And your job is done.
How do you calibrate a Promethean projector?
If your pen does not align with the board cursor. Then there is one thing you do with your Promethean board to calibrate.
Go to your active manager. Which is available in the taskbar. Click on that and choose the calibration. Here you will get the option to go with the five or twenty-five points. When you choose the number of points. You will get points on the screen. Follow the instructions on the screen.
Still, your pen does not align with the cursor. You have to do the calibration process again.
The calibration process makes your image colour better. Especially when comparing the calibrated image and the normal projected image. The projector has a different skin tone than the movie character.
It will look closer to real life. Calibrating the projector at a certain time. Give you a good colour image. And your image colour will not fade with time.
But for the calibration process, you will need some essentials. Like the calibration tool or colourimeter. And the free or paid software to set the same calibration preset. What do you expect from your image?
See you next time…
Feature image by The Verge.