How to connect Roku to a projector [4 easy steps to follow]
Can I Connect Roku to a Projector? Yes, you can use Roku with the projector. It’s the same goes for the projector. As it happened on TV. Simply connect the Roku with the projector. In the HDMI input port of the projector. And power up the Roku and projector. Choose the HDMI input port in the projector.
For a detail explanation. You can move ahead.
How to connect a Roku stick or any Roku to a projector?
Using HDMI in Port (Express, Stick, and Ultra).
- For the Roku stick. Directly connect the stick with the projector HDMI input port. Or if you have a space problem. You can use the HDMI extender cable. To connect the Roku with the projector HDMI input port.
- For the Roku express and ultra. For this, we will need the HDMI cable. Take an HDMI cable and start connecting with the Roku express or ultra. One end of the HDMI cable will go into the Roku express or ultra. And another will go into the projector input port.
Follow one of them. According to the device you have a Roku stick, express, and ultra. Only this step is different.
After this step, everything will be similar no matter which Roku streaming device for your projector. You are using.
Now power up your projector. And select the HDMI input port on the projector. In which you plug the Roku device or HDMI cable.
Which gives power to the Roku device. After this, you will see the Roku icon on the screen.
After successful first and second steps. You will see the Roku icon on the screen. From here you have to set up the Roku. You will get the option to connect your remote with the Roku device.
Now take your remote in your hand. And then take off the battery compartment cover. And put the battery inside that.
You will see the green light flickering on the remote. Means your remote starts connecting with the Roku device. That is connected to the projector.
If it’s not connected. You can press the button. You will see it on the remote. When you take off the remote battery compartment cover. You will get the button.
Press that button for five seconds. This type of remote pairing button depends upon your Roku device, some of them don’t have this button. Moving to the next step.
Now you can control the settings with the remote. So, now choose the language. Connect your Roku stick with the wifi. Set the resolution. Which is compatible with the projector.
Now you have to connect your account with the Roku stick. For that go to roku.com. And sign in if you already have the Roku account.
If not, then create an account. And add the channels you want to your Roku account. And press continue.
Come back to the projector screen. Where you get the option to link your Roku account.
Here put the email id. Which you have used at roku.com. And continue. Your chosen channel will load on the Roku device.
Now you can start seeing. Your favorite free channels and stream Netflix and amazon prime videos.
With the HDMI audio extractor.
This is for those who want to extract the audio. Or you don’t want to use the projector speaker and want to connect the external speaker.
While using the HDMI cable and want to connect the projector and the Roku device. Let’s see how. Before that, you should have this device.
- Connect the Roku device with the HDMI audio extractor (Amazon Link) adapter. In the HDMI input port.
- Take the HDMI cable and connect that with the HDMI output. One end of the cable. And the second end of the HDMI cable will hook up with the HDMI input port of the projector.
- Now one by one we will power up every device (Projector, HDMI audio extractor, and Roku device that you are using). By connecting them with the power source.
- If you have done all the steps correctly. You will see the Roku icon on the projector screen (For that choose the HDMI input port). Now do the instruction as it’s shown on the screen.
Lastly, you have to connect the HDMI audio extractor with the external speaker. For that, you have to check out the audio port available in the audio extractor adapter.
It could be a 3.5 mm jack, SPDIF/Optical out, or RCA ports. After knowing the audio output port available in your adapter. You can use that type of cable.
And then you can connect the external speaker and soundbar with the HDMI audio extractor.
- How to connect speakers to the projector and get audio?
- How to connect the soundbar to the projector?
Roku to VGA projector.
No worry If you have the old projector. Which has only the VGA port for the video and audio input.
For the Roku stick, you will need a different type of VGA adapter. And different from the Roku Ultra and Roku express.
Above one for the Roku stick and below for the Roku Ultra and Roku express.
I hope you have chosen which one you want. Let’s see how you can use them.
- Now connect your Roku device with your VGA adapter (Amazon Link).
- Then, connect your VGA adapter to the projector’s VGA input port. Then make sure. You have a VGA adapter and a Roku device that you have connected to the projector. Are connected to the power source using the USB cable. As well as the projector with the help of a power cable.
- Use the audio out port available in the VGA adapter and connect your external speaker. For better sound quality.
- Choose the projector VGA input port in which you have hooked up the VGA cable. Soon you will see the Roku icon on the projector screen. And follow the instructions. Which you see on the screen.
That’s how you will connect any kind of Roku device with the VGA projector. Just do two things wisely. Choose the right VGA adapter and follow all the steps carefully.
Wi-fi Direct connectivity
These days there are many smart TVs. But not all projectors are smart. But if you want you can make your projector smart.
By connecting the Roku streaming device with the projector. And connect the Roku device with the wi-fi.
How to connect a Roku to a projector wirelessly?
If you want to make the connection between the projector and Roku wireless. Then you will need the HDMI wireless kit.
And you have to learn how you can make the connection. You can go with this IOGEAR Wireless 3D Digital Kit (Amazon Link).
Let’s know how you can make connections.
- Connect your Roku device to one of the HDMI input ports of the transmitter.
- Now connect the receiver with the projector. Using the HDMI cable.
- Now connect the transmitter, projector, and receiver. With the power source to power up.
- And choose the HDMI input port on your projector.
For more information and troubleshooting. You can check out the official user document.
How to connect Roku to projector and receiver?
All these three devices. Will connect in this manner Roku>>HDMI>>Receiver>>HDMI>>Projector. Let’s see it in detail.
- Connect your Roku device with the Receiver. In the HDMI input port (You will need the extra HDMI cable for the Roku Express and Roku ultra).
- Now take another HDMI cable and connect your HDMI cable with the receiver HDMI output port. And then with the HDMI input port of the projector.
- Now power up/on all your devices. With the power cable.
- And choose the audio and video signal output and input port. In your receiver and projector.
- And if you want to connect your soundbar and the speaker. You can easily do that. Just figure out which audio output port is available in your receiver. And according to that connect your soundbar and speaker with the receiver.
If you are facing some issues. Then you can follow the following conversation, which might help you:-
- HDMI to Projector with Sound?
- No signal on long run HDMI when using receiver (works however direct Roku->Projector)
Roku is great for streaming live tv on the projector. Or streaming the OTT platform shows.
If you have a Roku device you can turn your boring home cinema projector into a smart projector. And you can use the apps on the projector.
And in these things, you can do so by reading this article properly. So that’s all I have to say on “How to connect Roku to Projector”.
See you next time…